Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 10 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lbs. spareribs, back ribs, or country-style ribs
- Combine onion, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Place 2 cups of the sauce mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the ribs, turning several times to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning occasionally. Reserve the remaining marinade in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove the ribs from the marinade and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Discard marinade.
- Bring the reserved sauce to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes until thickened slightly. Brush ribs with the reduced sauce. Bake at 450°F for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and continue baking for 1½ hours or until very tender, basting frequently with the sauce.