Oven-Dried Beef Jerky
You can use round steak, chuck, or brisket, instead of flank steak for this jerky. To help slice it thinly, freeze the meat for a few minutes before slicing.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 14 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 lbs. flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick strips about 4 to 6 inches long
- In a large bowl mix Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and ginger. Place meat in marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 125°F.
- Lay meat strips directly on the oven rack, with cookie sheet underneath the meat to collect any drippings. Leave in the oven approximately 6 hours, turning strips over about halfway through the drying process.
- Drying time depends on the thickness of the meat and the humidity. Continue the drying process until the jerky is only slightly flexible (but it should not be crisp enough to break). Store in a covered container in a cool, dry place.