Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 chicken (3½ lbs.), cut into pieces and skin removed
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup fine cornflake crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a sealable plastic food bag and add the chicken pieces; coat evenly. Remove the chicken from the bag and shake off any excess flour. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg lightly with the water. In another shallow bowl, place the crumbs. Coat the chicken by dipping in the egg then rolling in the crumbs.
- Place the pieces on a cookie sheet that has been well sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Drizzle with the butter. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the meat of the thickest pieces is no longer pink. Do not turn while baking.