Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
These fillets are lower in fat than traditional fried fish. You can use catfish, orange roughy, haddock, tilapia, flounder, or your own favorite fish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 fish fillets (4 to 6 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 tsp. butter, melted
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Lightly oil a large, shallow baking pan.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. If fillets are large, cut into serving-sized portions.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk, seasoned salt, and salt. Put corn flake crumbs or bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip fish fillets in milk, then place in corn flake crumbs, turning to coat thoroughly. Arrange in the prepared pan. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of melted butter over each fillet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of fish. Serve with lemon wedges.