Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Save to My Recipes
These fillets are lower in fat than traditional fried fish. You can use catfish, orange roughy, haddock, tilapia, flounder, or your own favorite fish.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 4 fish fillets (4 to 6 oz. each)
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup corn flake crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 tsp. butter, melted
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Lightly oil a large, shallow baking pan.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. If fillets are large, cut into serving-sized portions.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk, seasoned salt, and salt. Put corn flake crumbs or bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip fish fillets in milk, then place in corn flake crumbs, turning to coat thoroughly. Arrange in the prepared pan. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of melted butter over each fillet.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of fish. Serve with lemon wedges.