Any mild, white fish is a great choice for this recipe. In addition to cod, haddock and tilapia work particularly well.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornbread crumbs
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 cod fillets (4 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat the egg, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl. In a third bowl, combine cornbread crumbs with thyme.
- Dredge both sides of the fish in flour. Dip fillets in beaten egg mixture and then cornbread mixture.
- Place coated fish on baking pan and drizzle olive oil over each piece.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fillets are crisp and golden.