Almost everyone likes crispy, fried potatoes, but deep-frying is messy and unhealthy. This method gets you the same texture with a fraction of the oil needed for deep-frying.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a skillet in the middle of the oven.
- Place potatoes and onions in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss so they’re evenly coated.
- Pour potatoes into the warm skillet so there is one even layer on the bottom. Place the skillet in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir once or twice. The potatoes should be soft in the middle with crispy edges. Serve while hot.