The distinctive flavor of trout really comes through in the oven-fried method used in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 trout fillets (4 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Rinse trout with cold water and pat dry.
- Brush fillets with oil. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Dredge in cornmeal.
- Coat a 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange fillets in a single layer in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a warmed serving platter. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Serve immediately.