Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Roasted cabbage with a bit of garlic and caraway is perfect as a side for roast meats or even a vegetarian main dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head (1½ -2 lb.) cabbage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, caraway, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice cabbage into 1-inch thick slices through the root end. Place cabbage steaks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cabbage is tender in the center and browning around the edges.