Oven Roasted Cod with Tomato Olive Jam
Introduce a little ahh-mazing flavor to mild cod by topping it with sweet and salty tomato olive jam.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Brown Sugar
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 4 boneless, skinless cod filets, 5 oz. each
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until slightly softened and fragrant. Add brown sugar and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated. Stir in olives.
- Meanwhile, pat fish dry and season with oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until fish flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve fish topped with tomato olive jam.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Make the tomato olive jam up to 3 days ahead of time. Cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Make this dish Passover-approved by using kosher ingredients.