Roasting intensifies the flavor of these savory herbed mushrooms, making them an excellent topping for whole grains like brown rice, barley, or wheat berries.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. white mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme, or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, olive oil, onion, thyme, salt, and red pepper flakes; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer into a roasting pan. Roast in center of oven for 30 minutes, until nicely browned. Toss with parsley and vinegar. Serve hot or room temperature.