Overnight Breakfast Tortilla
Traditionally served as tapas or an appetizer in Spanish restaurants and bars, this version of the Spanish tortilla removes a lot of the fat and makes a healthy breakfast casserole. Conventionally it does not contain cheese, but feel free to sprinkle some on top in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 small onions, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- In a skillet over medium heat slowly cook onions in olive oil until lightly brown and caramelized, about 5–6 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Layer half of the potatoes and fried onions in a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Pour half the eggs over the layers. Repeat layers ending with the last of the whisked eggs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours.