Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding Trifle
Everyone deserves a little treat during all that post-holiday dieting! This Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding Trifle totally hits the sweet spot, with layers of gluten-free vanilla cake, chocolate chia pudding and sprinkled chocolate chips.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 1 cup of Simple Truth® Almond Milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic® Vanilla Extract, divided
- Heavy coconut cream (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth® Chia Seeds
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic® Blue Agave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic® Sugar
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic® Unsalted Butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease the baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Mix on medium speed until the batter is smooth. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add 1 Tbsp. of the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Stir together the gluten-free flour and the baking powder in bowl. Gradually add the flour, alternating with 1 cup of the almond milk and butter, mixing until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap to keep it moist. Set aside.
- Add the chia seeds, cocoa powder, 1 tsp. of the vanilla and 1½ cups almond milk to a bowl. Whisk with lots of agitation to combine.
- Let the mixture rest, covered in plastic wrap, in the fridge overnight or for at least 4-5 hours (until it turns into pudding!).
- Add 4 Tbsp. blue agave. (Here’s an excuse to taste a spoonful to see if it’s sweet enough for your liking.)
- Cut and tear the vanilla cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a separate bowl.
- Layer the pudding and cake in the Mason jars until they fill to the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips in between the layers. You can limit the amount of chocolate chips morsels in your trifle if you're counting calories. Chill the Mason jars in the refrigerator or indulge right away.