Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This mouthwatering Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole is the perfect dish to serve when you want a delicious breakfast without the mess or the extra work.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1 Tbsp.) active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (or milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Microwave the milk for 1 minute (the milk should be warm to the touch, but you should be able to let your finger sit comfortably in the liquid). Dissolve the yeast in the milk and add half the brown sugar. Stir in ¼ cup butter (a half stick) and the egg.
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Pour in the milk mixture and combine. Add additional flour, one half-cup at a time, until the dough does not stick to your finger when touched.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a long rectangle and coat with melted butter. Press in the brown sugar mixture before rolling the dough horizontally (so you have one long skinny roll of dough).
- Using a piece of string or dental floss, gently slide it under the rolled dough, about 1-1½” from the end. Lift up each side and criss-cross the strings, pulling outward. This will make a clean cut; continue until all the rolls are cut. Place in a greased casserole dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Store in the fridge overnight (at least 8 hours). To bake, remove plastic wrap and bake at 350°F for 22-27 minutes or until the tops turn golden.
- While the casserole dish is baking, make the topping by whipping room-temperature cream cheese, heavy cream (or milk will work) and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Layer the topping on the warm rolls and serve immediately.