Pak Kai (Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables with Chicken)
You can change the vegetables depending on the season if you’d like, but be sure to add vegetables that take longer to cook to the pan first. Try replacing the chicken with 8 large shrimp. Serve with steamed white rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2" long pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the wok over high heat until hot and add oil. Add garlic and fry over medium heat until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add green beans and sauté for another 2 minutes until vegetables are almost done. Add stock, soy sauce, and sugar and fry for another minute. Serve sprinkled with pepper.