Palak ka Soup (Spinach Soup)
For this fragrant and flavorful spinach, palak, soup, spinach, carrots, and potatoes are slowly cooked with fennel seeds, whole cloves, garlic, and garam masala. Garam masala is sold with the spices at most supermarkets, at Indian markets, and online.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 Tbsp. grated garlic
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cream
- In a large sauté pan, heat the ghee. Add the fennel seeds, cloves, and onion one after the other. Sauté until the onion turns translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients except the water. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker. Add the water. Cover and cook on high for 2½ hours or until the vegetables are cooked well.
- Transfer the slow cooker contents into a blender or a large pot and blend, making a smooth-consistency soup. Serve hot with a drizzle of cream on top.