Paleo Arugula Pesto Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
This meal is simple, light and fresh. Arugula pesto adds depth to baked chicken and zucchini noodles for a dinner that defies expectations.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium zucchinis
- Fresh tomato wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Arrange on baking dish. Bake 10 minutes, flip and continue cooking 12 to 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, combine arugula, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon salt. Slowly drizzle ½ cup olive oil into mixture; process until blended. Transfer to bowl; set aside.
- Use spiralizer to spiralize zucchini into noodles.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook noodles and 2 tablespoons olive oil 5 to 7 minutes, until warmed.
- Spread desired amount of pesto onto chicken and zucchini noodles. Serve with tomatoes, if desired.