Paleo Bolognese Sauce
Also called Bolognese or ragù alla Bolognese, this sauce combines vegetables and meat to create the perfect sauce for pouring over just about any beef and veggie dish, to give it a little touch of Italian.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. 94% lean ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- ½ can (6 oz.). tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef and pork, about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the meats and the remaining ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 hours. Stir before serving.