Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
This soup is a scrumptious treat on a cool fall day. Warm family and friends with a delightful blend of aroma and flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 32 oz. organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, squash, parsnips, and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add almond meal and chicken broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In batches, purée squash mixture in blender or food processor and return to pot or use an immersion blender.
- Stir in cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.