Paleo “Butterscotch-Caramel” Sauce
Here is a sweet and delicious way to enhance the flavor of just about any Paleo dessert.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Add the coconut butter, coconut milk, honey, and lemon juice to a 2-quart or smaller, slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until the coconut butter is melted and the milk begins to bubble around the edges of the cooker. Uncover and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook on low for 1 more hour or until the mixture coats the back of the spoon or the sauce reaches its desired thickness. Stir in the vanilla.