Paleo Chicken and Jalapeño Soup
This soup has a bit of heat and beautifully fresh flavor from the lime and cilantro.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and jalapeño. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomato paste, cumin, and dried oregano. Stir for 1 minute. Pour in the tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer, and add the chicken.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of cilantro and all of lime juice, Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.