Paleo Chicken Piccata
Chicken is a staple for the Paleolithic eater. This lunch or dinnertime treat is a pleasant departure from the ordinary.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, and chicken in shallow dish. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan and cook onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Add chicken to pan and brown each side, 5–10 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, capers, pepper, and reserved marinade. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, another 10 minutes approximately.