Paleo Gingerbread Loaf with Coconut Glaze and Candied Ginger
This Paleo Gingerbread Loaf is made with almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour. Naturally sweetened with blackstrap molasses and pure maple syrup, and warmly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, this loaf is full of holiday flavor while still being completely healthful – as in healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. of Private Selection™ Dark Amber Pure Maple Syrup, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 2⁄3 cups almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, softened, plus 1 Tbsp.
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- To prepare the zesty coconut milk glaze: Add the coconut milk, 1 Tbsp. of the maple syrup, lemon zest and a pinch of sea salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil, reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until thick, whisking frequently, about 10-15 minutes. Pour the glaze into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours. The glaze will thicken more in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and lightly oil a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Add the eggs, remaining maple syrup (¼ cup), fresh ginger, almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon, molasses, vanilla, coconut oil, sea salt, and nutmeg to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth evenly. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the loaf is brown around the edges and tests clean when poked in the center with a toothpick.
- Allow the bread to cool at least 30 minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board. Drizzle with the glaze and sprinkle with chopped candied ginger. Slice thick slices using a sharp knife and serve.