Paleo Gingerbread Muffins
These Paleo-friendly gingerbread muffins are gluten- and dairy-free. Because of the blackstrap molasses, they pack a great nutritional punch. If you prefer sweeter muffins, you can use dark molasses instead of blackstrap, but you really can’t substitute the great health benefits you’d get from using blackstrap molasses.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup blackstrap molasses
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake/muffin liners and spray it with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, starch, ginger, pie spice, and baking soda. In a small bowl, mix together all of the remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until incorporated.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the liners. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely before eating.