Paleo Meatballs and Sauce
These meatballs are so close to the original, you won’t know the difference.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) diced, no-salt-added tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) organic, no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- Pour canned tomatoes and tomato paste into slow cooker.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with hands. Roll resulting meat mixture into 2–3 ounce balls and add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.