Paleo Pizza Bites
These guilt-free pizza bites can be topped a number of ways, but the mushrooms, red pepper, and basil are a classic and delicious combination.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eggplant slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then spread a small amount of crushed tomatoes on the top of each eggplant slice. Sprinkle with chopped garlic and nutritional yeast. Top with mushrooms, sliced peppers, and basil. Return to the cover and cook 5 minutes more.