If you’ve never purchased nutritional yeast before, look for it in the natural-foods section of the grocery store. Or you can buy it online. The Bragg’s brand even comes in a Parmesan-cheese style container.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ lb. grass fed sirloin, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups sliced bella mushrooms
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot, combine cauliflower and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until cauliflower is extremely tender, about 15 minutes. Drain any excess broth, beat until thick and creamy. Set aside and keep warm.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sirloin and sauté until sirloin in slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 10 minutes more. Stir in coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and aminos. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide cauliflower between two plates. Top with steak mixture and garnish with parsley.