Paleo Vegetable Breakfast Skillet
Serve your family this hearty, satisfying, vegetable-filled breakfast skillet to power up for holiday festivities.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups Southern Style Hash Browns
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and olive oil. Add hash browns and cook until slightly browned, about 5-8 minutes. Add mushrooms, broccoli, onion and tomatoes. Cook 5-8 minutes, until broccoli is slightly tender. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form 5 wells in the mixture and crack one egg into each well. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook 2 minutes for a soft yolk or cook 3-5 minutes for a firm yolk.
- Serve with green onions and avocado. Refrigerate leftovers.