Paleo Whoopie Pies
These sweet treats are exquisite. You will be shocked at how amazing they really are. But beware, these pies have quite a few calories even though they are technically Paleo approved.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 cup raw honey, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cacao nibs
- 3 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 3 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut flour
- Blend coconut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, cacao nibs, 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, 3 teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl. Add 1 cup honey, eggs, and 3 teaspoons vanilla to flour mixture. Add hazelnut flour and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Place 1⁄4-cup scoops of dough on prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Sandwich two cookies with a spoonful of frosting in between. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.