Pan Fried Chickpeas and Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
It’s perfect as a side dish, but the addition of protein-rich crispy chickpeas makes this unique salad hearty enough to be an entrée.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger Brand Garbanzo Beans Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing (for a vegetarian version, use anchovy-free Caesar or Italian dressing)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook chickpeas, stirring occasionally, until beans are evenly browned and crisped, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove beans to paper towel-lined plate; season with salt.
- In large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts and dressing.
- Between two serving bowls, divide Brussels sprouts; top with beans and cheese.