Pan-Fried Citrus Chicken
This marinade works in a variety of different ways, and can be used with pork chops, chicken thighs, or turkey breasts. Try it on the grill for a smokier flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 6 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, slice thin
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. minced rosemary
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. minced basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Cut slits in chicken breast and insert garlic slivers. Place chicken in a shallow casserole dish.
- In small bowl, mix 1⁄4 cup olive oil, lemon slices, lemon juice, orange juice, lime zest, rosemary, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken and lemon slices from marinade; reserve marinade. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Place chicken and lemon in skillet and fry chicken for 6 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, turning once, until meat thermometer registers 160°F. Discard remaining marinade.