Pan-Fried Salmon Cakes with Smoked Paprika
Mix cooked, flaked salmon with breadcrumbs, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, and spices and form into patties. Use disposable, plastic gloves to mix and form the patties for an easy clean-up. Serve salmon cakes in a soft bun or alone with tartar sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 oz. fresh salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tartar sauce
- In a medium bowl using your hands, gently mix the salmon, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, scallions, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 8 patties and place on a plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Working in batches, if necessary, cook each patty for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked heated throughout. Remove patties to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce.