Pan-Fried Savory Rice Cakes
Rice cakes make a delicious appetizer when served with a tangy dipping sauce. They are also delicious served as a side with roast poultry, meat, or fish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a medium bowl, using your hands, mix together rice, egg, salt, pepper, and scallions. Form into 6 patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Carefully add patties to oil and fry for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp.