Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Apples
Who said Brussels sprouts can’t be delicious? The addition of sweet apples to this savory dish makes for a new dinnertime favorite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 medium sweet apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, onion, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Toss and stir to coat. Continue to cook for 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are golden.
- Stir in apples and garlic. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and aromatic. Season with pepper and remaining salt. Serve immediately.