Pan-Seared Sea Scallops
Scallops have a wonderfully delicate flavor and moist texture. However, if you’re not a seafood fan, this recipe works equally well with cubes of boneless chicken breast. To serve at a dinner party, double quantities and add a pound of fresh, sliced mushrooms to the pan.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp. white truffle oil
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over high heat until hot.
- Mix flour with salt, black pepper, and cayenne and toss scallops in flour mixture. Add scallops to skillet in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Drizzle with white truffle oil and move to a serving platter.