Pancake Bacon Dippers
Impress guests with these sweet and salty pancake dippers that incorporate bacon in the best way.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Canola oil, as needed
- 2 cups pancake and waffle mix, plus ingredients on box
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 pieces Kroger® Bacon, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger® Original Pancake Syrup
- Fill a heavy duty 3-quart medium pot with 2” canola oil. Heat on medium until 350°F registers on a candy thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the pancake and waffle mix according to package directions, increasing the liquid by ½ cup and adding sugar.
- When oil is hot, dip bacon into batter, coating bacon entirely. Immediately add bacon to hot oil, cooking 4-5 pieces at a time.
- Turn the dough until all sides are golden, cooking about 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar after cooking, if desired.
- Repeat until all the bacon has been cooked. Serve with maple syrup to dip.