Panko-Crusted Caprese Chicken
Take panko-crusted chicken up a notch by stuffing it with mozzarella and basil!
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Basil, torn
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a wide bowl, mix the eggs and milk. Place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Using a sharp knife, make a slit into chicken as big as possible, but careful not to cut through the bottom. Stuff mozzarella and basil inside chicken and close with a toothpick, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture and roll in panko crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until brown on both sides.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat sauce in microwave. Serve chicken with marinara dipping sauce.