Pappardelle with Caramelized Onions and Basil
Hearty pasta topped with caramelized onions, peas, and goat cheese creates a gorgeous meal that your family will love.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh peas
- 6 oz. fresh pappardelle pasta
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook undisturbed about 10 minutes. Continuing cooking on medium-low heat, stirring every few minutes until onions are reduced by half, golden brown, and fully caramelized, about 40 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Add peas and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until bright green. Drain, and reserve peas.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil with remaining salt. Cook pappardelle for 3 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine pasta with onions, peas, goat cheese, lemon zest, basil, and remaining butter. Serve immediately.