Parmesan and Chive Biscuits
These crispy, savory nuggets make a nice accompaniment to a fresh green salad, or make mini versions and serve them as an hors d’oeuvre at your next cocktail party.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal, then add Parmesan and chives.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour in buttermilk and olive oil. Using a fork, blend until the dough just comes together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll to 1" thick. Cut out circles of dough using a floured round cutter. Place biscuits 2" apart on prepared pan and set aside to rest 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake 15–20 minutes, until golden brown. Turn pan halfway through baking to promote even browning.