Tilapia is a mild-mannered fish that makes a great accompaniment to many different flavors. This crunchy Italian version is made with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 oz. each), depending on their size, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, onion powder, crushed red pepper, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- On a medium-size plated, pour lemon juice.
- Dip each fillet in lemon juice and then in the bread crumb mixture to coat evenly on both sides. Place in baking dish that is well oiled. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil so fish remains moist.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are browning. Take baking dish out of the oven and put the broiler on. Broil on medium for about 2 minutes so fillets get crispy.