Parmesan Eggs over Asparagus
This delightful dish can be served as an appetizer or for breakfast with toasted sourdough bread. The runny egg yolks serve as an unctuous “sauce” for the dish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 extra-large eggs, poached
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic salt, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and swirl it around the wok. Toss in the asparagus and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes. Divide the asparagus between two dishes.
- Place 1 egg on top of each asparagus plate. Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. Sprinkle the top with the shaved Parmesan and serve immediately.