Parmesan-Flax-Crusted Chicken Tenders
These tenders are so tasty, the whole family will love them. Kids love to dip, so experiment with different dipping sauces too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place egg whites and egg in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, place ground flax seed, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir until mixed.
- Start by placing each chicken tender in egg mixture, then coat with flax mixture, and make sure it is thoroughly coated on both sides. Place in prepared casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in the oven and cook for 35 minutes, making sure to turn tenders over halfway through cooking time.