Parmesan Olive Focaccia
Focaccia is easy to make in a slow cooker.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup warm water (approximately 80°F)
- ¼ cup stuffed Spanish olives, sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Spray the bottom of a large (6- to 6½-quart) slow cooker with nonstick olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, yeast, rosemary, salt, and water until well combined in a soft dough.
- Cover with a clean towel and allow dough to sit in a warm, dry place for 60 minutes.
- Place dough in the unheated slow cooker. Press down with your fingers to spread the dough to the edges of the slow cooker and make small holes in the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle olives and cheese over dough.
- Cover and allow to rise for 30 more minutes before turning slow cooker on to low.
- After 30 minutes on low, turn slow cooker to high and allow bread to cook 1½–2 hours, or until golden brown.
- Turn bread out onto a serving platter and slice into 9 pieces.