Parmesan Risotto with Scallions
This simple risotto is satisfying and delicious. Serve it with roast chicken or grilled steak, or serve it as a main course with a salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat chicken stock. Reduce heat to low and keep stock warm.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Stir in rice and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine and stir until fully absorbed. Add 1 cup of stock, increase heat to medium-high, stir, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring often, until broth is absorbed. Add more broth, 1 cup at a time, simmering uncovered and stirring often, until all broth is absorbed. This process should take about 25 minutes from start to finish.
- Off heat, stir in cheese and scallion.
- Serve with ground black pepper.