Parmesan Sausage Rolls
Cheese, sausage, thyme, and some puff pastry make delicious little rolls that are perfect for breakfast on the run. Bake them ahead of time, freeze them, and then microwave each on high for 1–2 minutes until hot.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 pork sausage links
- 1 package (17 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, cook pork sausage links over medium heat until golden brown and cooked, about 5–7 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet and place on a lightly floured surface. In a small bowl, combine cheese and thyme leaves and toss to combine. Sprinkle this mixture over the puff pastry and gently press cheese mixture into pastry; roll to a 12" × 18" rectangle. Cut into three 12" × 6" rectangles, and then cut each rectangle in half to make 6 squares. Cut each square into four 3" × 3" squares.
- Place a cooked and drained sausage on the edge of each square and roll up to enclose sausage; press pastry to seal.
- In small bowl, beat egg with salt and brush over sausage rolls. Sprinkle with fennel seeds. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12–18 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve hot.