Parsi-Style Eggs (Akoori)
Eggs are very popular in the Parsi cuisine of western India.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1½” piece gingerroot, roughly chopped
- 2 small serrano green chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 small red tomato, diced
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds, roasted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the scallions and sauté until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger; sauté for 30 seconds. Add the green chilies, tomatoes, and cumin seeds; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring constantly. Add the cream and scallions. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.