Parsley and Basil Pesto Sauce
Simple, easy, and surprisingly quick to make using a mortar and pestle. Spread this pesto on salmon fillets and allow to marinate 30 minutes before grilling; nothing else is needed. Serve over cooked pasta, on bread, as a pizza topping, with cooked vegetables, or even mixed into cooked brown rice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup fresh walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups curly leaf parsley (no stems)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaf
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Add the walnuts to the grinding bowl or processor; grind to a pulp.
- Add garlic; continue to grind.
- Add parsley and basil in batches, along with 1 tablespoon of oil; continue to grind.
- As ingredients break down, continue to add oil and salt to mixture until you have a thick paste.
- Adjust consistency by adding more oil to make a sauce that is not too thick yet not loose and runny.