This unusual spread is a refreshing change of pace for summer parties. Use it on crostini or pita chips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices stale bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 scallions, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl moisten bread with a little water. Squeeze to drain excess water.
- Pulse parsley and scallions in a food processor to combine. Slowly add bread, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Continue pulsing until smooth. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.