Parsnip, Carrot, and Lentil Patties
Sere these patties on slider rolls with your favorite burger toppings, in a pita with vegetables and tahini sauce like a falafel, or with salad and rice for a satisfying meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 12 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup canned lentils, drained and well-rinsed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. black truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss parsnips and carrots with 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add roasted vegetables and pulse until they form small pieces. Add remaining salt and pepper, breadcrumbs, lentils, egg, cheese, and truffle oil. Pulse to combine.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining grapeseed oil. Add patties and cook for 8 minutes, or until bottom is browned. Flip and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until browned and cooked through.