Parsnip and Sweet Potato Mashers with Walnuts
This delectable recipe makes a great autumn side dish. You can even serve it as a delicious dessert or use it as pie filling.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups spring water
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Cook sweet potatoes and parsnips in water until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add cumin and coriander. Mash. Mix in orange zest. Garnish with walnuts.