Party Time Purse Cake
Fans of dress up and fashion trends will love this clever purse confection. Don’t forget to get some decorating tips from the birthday girl!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ White Cake Mix
- 1 1⁄2 containers Betty Crocker™ Creamy White Rich & Creamy Frosting
- 1 plastic plate
- Colored sugar
- Blue gel food color
- Decorating bag with tips
- 2 large marshmallows
- Candy-coated chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan.
- Cut cake crosswise in half. On serving plate, place 1 cake piece; spread top with 2 Tbsp. white frosting from 1/2 container. Top with second cake piece. Stand cake pieces on end with cut sides down. Freeze 1 hour.
- Stir food color into 1 container of frosting to tint light blue. Spread entire cake with light blue frosting.
- Along front and top of cake, mark outline of an elongated V-shape with toothpick for purse flap. Stir food color into remaining 1/2 container of frosting to tint dark blue; frost purse flap with dark blue frosting. Place remaining dark blue frosting in decorating bag fitted with writing tip #7 or #8; pipe shell border along purse flap and edges of purse.
- Cut rim from plastic plate; cut rim in half. Insert into top of cake for handle. Decorate purse with candies. Cut marshmallow with dampened kitchen scissors into slices; sprinkle with colored sugar. Arrange marshmallow slices on purse for clasp. Press candy onto center of clasp. Store loosely covered.